Job Code: 620
Department: Retail Banking
Reports to: Retail Banking Supervisor
Summary: Provides a variety of customer service functions, such as processing savings accounts, checking accounts, and loan transactions; cashing checks, selling money orders and traveler’s checks, and maintaining account records. Responsible for providing high quality customer services, and balancing each day’s transactions and verifying cash total. Pulls totals and balances ATM machines.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Interpersonal skills to represent the bank positively in dealing with customer/teller transactions.
- One to two years of job-related experience helpful.
- 10-key calculator by touch.
- Basic computer skills.
- Capability to relate to and empathize with other people and to maintain a friendly, cheerful demeanor throughout the day.
- Ability to stand for extended periods when providing customer services.
Specific Job Functions:
- Represents the bank to the customer in a courteous and professional manner, provides prompt, efficient, and accurate service in the processing of transactions.
- Receives checks and cash for deposit in savings and checking accounts, verifies deposit amounts, examines checks for endorsement and negotiability, and enters transactions into the bank’s records via an on-line teller terminal.
- Determines customer’s needs, explains various accounts and ownership options and obtains required information for customer.
- Cross-sells bank services, explaining various accounts and certificates, and interest rates.
- Receives payments for mortgage, installment, passbook, and other loans, ensuring that payments equal the amount due and all late charges, if applicable, are collected.
- Remains at the branch after closing as necessary to help balance the branch’s daily activities and totals.
Physical demands and work environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.