Job Code: 140
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Human Resource Director
Summary: Supports the Human Resource Department staff as duties are assigned. Will learn a variety of Human Resources duties that will aid the Director and other staff members to attend to more critical job aspects
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum of two years office clerical experience or completion of two years college.
- Good understanding of office policies and procedures.
- Intermediate word processing and spreadsheet experience, preferably in Word and Excel.
- Basic accounting skills.
- A good working knowledge of internet access.
- Must have strong spelling, grammar, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, proofing and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to follow instructions, work individually and be a self-starter.
- One to two years of experience in an office environment.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
Specific Job Functions:
- Scan and verifies accuracy of personnel files in the system. Ensuring that files contain correct documentation with proper signatures, dates, and police reports.
- Set up employee’s payday portal.
- Send out end of month reports.
- Enters new group insurance enrollees into system.
- Responsible for new group insurance enrollees, making sure they receive all necessary insurance information (insurance cards, policy books, etc).
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- 401(k) maintenance
- Daily indeed maintenance of applications.
- Keeps track of New Hires and terminated employees.
- Send out service awards.
- Send out Birthday cards.
- Assemble Survival kits.
- Call references and run credit on potential new hires.
- Scanning into system all other documents.
- Other responsibilities as needed to assist team members.
Physical demands and work environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.