Job Code: 145
Department: General Services
Reports to: General Services Supervisor
Summary: Purchases supplies and services needed for the bank’s daily operations.
- Two to three years of previous experience in purchasing and inventories.
- Good understanding of bank’s departments and activities to ensure streamlined purchasing of supplies and services.
- Good understanding and knowledge of supply sources.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
Specific Job Functions:
- Services incoming calls from employees, vendors, service and supply companies.
- Opens and processes daily mail.
- Orders and distributes supplies and equipment to all branches.
- Processes billings for incoming and outgoing supplies and equipment.
- Tracks inventory of storage rooms and stocks same as needed.
- Processes and reconciles UPS, FedEx, monthly statements.
- Maintains and updates all equipment and supply lists.
- Files invoices, orders and catalogs.
- Keeps up with changing prices and uses the most cost-effective supplier or vendor for supplies and equipment.
- Covers for Supervisor when he is out. Answers calls and takes care of anything that is not an emergency.
- Coordinates emergency supply and equipment orders from departments and branches.
- Maintains contact with vendors and sales representatives.
- Ensures proper delivery of items ordered by each department.
- Responsible for incoming packages, (U.S. Mail, Federal Express, UPS, etc.) making sure they are checked in properly and delivered to the appropriate department or person.
Physical demands and work environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.